Superflex Bingo *SECONDS*
Product Code: ISBN 13:
Price in GBP
- We currently have 1 in stock.
Superflex Bingo *SECONDS*
THIS ITEM IS DISCOUNTED AS IT HAS BEEN DAMAGED, SCUFFED, CREASED OR DENTED IN TRANSIT OR IN THE MANUFACTURING PROCESS. THIS ITEM IS PERFECTLY USABLE BUT WILL HAVE SOME COSMETIC DAMAGE.
RETURNS WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE FOR THIS ITEM
Superflex® Bingo is a flexible, fun, and educational game! It enables students to practice identifying Social Thinking concepts and Superflexcharacters to strengthen their self-regulation and superflexible thinking powers. This is not a stand-alone teaching tool, do not introduce this game until your students have completed You Are A Social Detective and the Superflex Curriculum
Unlike traditional Bingo games where players match pictures or numbers, Superflex Bingo engages players in “thinking through the Bingo Board.” Students listen to a situation read aloud and figure out a Social Thinking concept or Superflex character that fits the situation, placing a game piece on the square that matches their thinking. The game is designed so that all players “win” by getting bingos during the session, alleviating the behavior dysregulation that can often occur in competitive games. Superflex Bingo is 12 games in one, providing 12 different themed card packs to keep students engaged and learning through the year (examples include Classroom, School Field Trip, Community, Winter Holidays, Summer Holidays, etc.).
Since all players participate in each turn, Superflex Bingo provides a framework for kids to learn a variety of social concepts while actively thinking about the powers of Superflex characters. Kids practice perspective taking as they imagine themselves and their own thoughts and feelings - and those of others - in different situations. They also continually explore Social Thinking Vocabulary concepts such as thinking with your eyes, body and brain in the group, expected and unexpected behaviour, identifying the size of the problem, etc. As students become familiar with these social concepts and more, they build skills that ultimately lead to social problem solving and self-regulation.
- Designed for 1 – 10 players, ages 7-10+, plus an adult to lead/facilitate game play. (Since the game is designed with teaching in mind, it’s not recommended that students play the game without the adult facilitator.)
- Session time: 25-30 minutes for a typical game.
- Instructions booklet offers adaptations and modifications so the game can be used flexibly with different size groups and players with varying levels of social understanding.
- 10 Bingo Boards: No two boards are alike; squares are arranged differently yet each board contains the same 25 squares.
- 12 Themed Card Decks: Each deck contains 24 Bingo Situation Cards that are read aloud to the group.
- 24 Answer-Definition Cards that match the characters and vocabulary as they appear on the Bingo Boards. One side shows the character or vocabulary term, the other side has either a definition of the character’s powers or the vocabulary term. These cards can be used by the adult to indicate the correct answer to the situations read aloud, as visual cues, and to prompt discussion about the concept or character.
- 300 bingo chips
- Instructions booklet
Ages 7-10+, Format: Game, Published: 2018, ISBN 9781936943517