User Friendly Resources
Product Code: ISBN 13:
Price in GBP
- We currently have 2 in stock.
Teaching and Learning about Managing Anger in the Junior School
by Paula Galey
Developed for the first three years of school, Cool Kids! provides junior teachers with practical guidance and strategies for ways to work with children on anger issues. The strategies children learn by working through the activities in this book will help them to pay attention to the physiological and psychological processes they undergo at the point of becoming angry. They will build skills that help them to identify their anger 'triggers', and learn how to calm themselves down. They will also explore ways to reflect on how their anger can impact on others.
A comprehensive teacher introduction, and step-by-step notes provide important support materials for the setting up of each activity and the scaffolding of students' learning.
Cool Kids! can be used:
- With all children as part of a health curriculum
- By specialist staff such as behaviour support workers on an individual basis with at-risk children
- With small groups of children working with a teacher aide with children who have learning difficulties
- By parents or caregivers working with children at home
Age Suitability: 5 - 7+